How does myBlueprint store and protect student data?
updated about 1 year ago
At myBlueprint, we believe in putting the student at the center of their journey with our product. Protecting student privacy is foundational to how we’ve built our company and is a key consideration in the decisions we make.
Our Privacy Pledge
myBlueprint is committed to the following principles with respect to your personal information:
- We take the protection of your information seriously.
- We do not use the personal information of K-12 students for any marketing or targeted advertising.
- We store user data on dedicated servers located in Canada.
- We maintain a comprehensive security program reasonably designed to protect the privacy, security and confidentiality of your personal information against risks through administrative, technological, and physical safeguards.
- We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We do not own your personal information.
- We do not share your personal information with others unless we have your permission to do so and, in some cases, if your school or school district has approved it.
Who can see a student's account and portfolios?
Student accounts are only visible to approved teachers and counsellors at each student's school, and to family members with an approved family account. For more information about the invitation and approval process for family, take a look at our Family Account article. Content in student accounts is secured with a username and password, and is not visible to other students.
Where is student data stored?
myBlueprint stores student data exclusively in Canada, on highly-secure datacenter and server hosting through Microsoft Azure. Microsoft Azure provides industry-leading compliance and privacy certifications to keep student data in myBlueprint safe.
Still have questions?
Contact Doublethink Inc. a/o myBlueprint at info@myBlueprint.ca or call 1-416-901-5555.