Why is a course not showing up to add into students' High School plans?
updated about 1 year ago
If there's a course offered at your school that students are trying to add into their High School Plan in myBlueprint, but it doesn't show up as an option, this could be for one of two reasons:
- The course is not enabled or active for the school
- The course is associated with a different discipline than what the slot in their plan is linked with
To determine the cause of the issue and resolve it, please follow the steps below depending on your account type.
Student or Teacher
- Within the student's account, open the High School section
- Click on the Courses tab
- Enter the course name or course code in the 'Search Courses' bar at the top of the screen
- If the course appears: click on the course, then click Add Course and choose the slot where you wish to add it
- If the course doesn't appear: contact a guidance counsellor at your school for assistance
- Click on Courses in the left-hand navigation menu
- Use the search bar to search for the course name or course code
- If the course doesn't appear: click over to the Disabled Courses section and search there as well.
- If it shows up under Disabled, select the course and click Group Actions > Enable Selected Course
- If the course does not appear anywhere under Enabled or Disabled, you'll need to add the course - take a look at this article for more information about how to do so
- If the course does appear in Enabled courses, but isn't showing up for students:
- Check that the course has a discipline set - if it's in a non-standard discipline, or shows up as an "Unlisted Course," click on the course code, then update the Discipline field and click Save Changes
- If the course has a discipline set already, click Student View in the top of your screen, then High School. Click on the slot where students are trying to add the course (e.g. English, Mathematics, etc.), and take a look at the discipline listed above the course options. Ensure that the name of the discipline for the course matches what you see here.
- If students are still having trouble, one last thing to confirm is their grade level and the grade of the course. For students in Gr. 8 who are entering high school next year, they will only see Grade 9 courses. If they're trying to add a Gr. 10+ course, they'll need to manually update the Grade filter.
- If none of the above steps are working, or if one of the pre-filled slots in the high school plan is opening the wrong discipline, contact myBlueprint support with the details